About Us / History
WE INVEST IN TOMORROW TO BOOST YOUR PROFITS TODAY
We’ve been here for more than 80 years because we continuously evolve to stay ahead of the industry and bring those benefits to our customers.
We incorporated as Arnold’s Factory Supplies in 1933 as a manufacturer of liquid cold-seal adhesives. The company also manufactured inks for marking and coding used almost exclusively for packaging. In the mid-1940s we invested in the machinery and equipment to manufacture wood and corrugated shipping containers to serve manufactures of all types in the Mid-Atlantic. Relationships with global manufacturers like Northrop Grumman, General Electric and Bethlehem Steel propelled Arnold’s to the forefront of Baltimore packaging companies.
In the early 1960s we partnered with the 3M Company and since then we have partnered with other premier global manufacturers of packaging materials, like Sealed Air, Signode, Pregis, Orion, Autobag and more. Now distribution is just one of many services we offer today, under the new name Arnold Packaging.
Our 80,000 square-foot facility allows us to carry $1 million in inventory so that we can provide our customers with next-day delivery, custom-held inventory and vendor-managed inventory with whatever frequency they need. Combine this with our ability to engineer and produce custom shipping containers made of cardboard or wood and we can respond to any packaging need. With our own fleet of delivery trucks we service the Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia and Southern Pennsylvania markets.
We’ve built four generations of success because we’ve successfully met the needs of our clients. How? We welcome change, we incorporate to new technologies and we improve our systems continuously. Customers like Saks Fifth Avenue, the U.S. Army, Lenox, and hundreds of others trust Arnold Packaging because we invest in tomorrow.